Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blogging

Through the course of this class, I've been responding to the other blogs before I have posted my own. I realize now that I should blog first and then post responses to other blogs. I say this because I may be repeating some things that I have may have posted as a response to others and because I may be inadvertently repeating some blogs.

In any case, blogging allows us to freely express our opinions and thoughts about any given topic. I look at blogging much like text messaging. I am sending out a message that, although I would like a response and some feedback, I do not require one. As such, you can post your response when ever the opportunity arises, if you'd like, of course. Because you can sit down when the time is available, you can also take the time to process thoughts to better express yourself if it is a little harder to do so verbally. Everyone communicates differently. Blogging opens the door up for communication with people outside of the constraints of a classroom where time, face-to-face contact (can be an issue at times), outside elements always come into play. A person can freely sit down at their computer without having to worry about getting to their next class, catching the bus, thinking about parking tickets, etc. etc.

A blog is also out there for the world to see. Although there are pros and cons to this, as are with anything, the pros seem to outweigh the cons. A blog can be very useful. Communication is now open with people that are not in your immediate circle. This also allows for different kinds of constructive criticism you may otherwise not get. :)

3 comments:

  1. Diana,

    What an insightful blog posting!

    You explained, "...you can post your response when ever the opportunity arises, if you'd like, of course. Because you can sit down when the time is available, you can also take the time to process thoughts to better express yourself if it is a little harder to do so verbally."

    As I sit in the warmth of my home, drinking a cup of tea, I think you are right!

    Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you had to say in this blog is so true. You said "blogging allows us to freely express our opinions and thoughts about any given topic" and our blogs are our opinions. Sometime we have some facts to support our opinions but they are mostly opinions. What I have tried to stay away from when reading something someone blogs is a disagreement I have with some one's opinion - I would rather speak about commonalities rather than bring up something someone said that I disagree with. Since blogs allow someone to express their opinions, I think that the opinions expresses should be respected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, Dr. Luongo! :) Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete