Thursday, March 5, 2009

Inspiration

I must admit that I am still amazed at what the advancement of technology has done for education. Yet, many, understandably, cannot implement certain things into the classroom. Programs like Inspiration and Kidspiration are such helpful programs for planning lessons and activities for students. After playing with Inspiration for a little while, I kept thinking of things I can produce for my students as I do my student teaching. My mind was all over the place as I started to try one feature, I would discover another one that would help me do another kind of activity. I attempted to create a something, but I did get distracted with the next feature that I discovered.

I hadn't thought about how to have the students use Inspiration. I thought Inspiration was a program that only teachers used. Through my search for ideas for a lesson, however, I discovered that other teachers (on the internet) have created assignments in which students used Inspiration. That was interesting. I look forward to being able to use such programs in the future to enhance the lessons and activities my students engage in.

1 comment:

  1. You are right about many teachers not being able to implement certain things into the classrooms. Knowing that this technology exists and actually having it in the classrooms is a wonderful thing. I am lucky enough to have Kidspiration / Inspiration in the classroom, BUT there are only two student computers. So actually implementing this program into my lessons will be a tricky thing; I would only be able to use it in small group actitivies.

    ReplyDelete